God has been so gracious to us as He has allowed us to continue working in the school and church here in Santa Marta. My times in the classroom have been such an encouragement to me and I receive such a blessing from them. This time has been good for me to start to connect with some of the kids from the school and we really desire to have an impact for Jesus there. I am working with the 9th and 10th grade students and I'm really thankful for the Colombian teacher that I'm working with Francisco, he has also been such a blessing to me because we are really starting to develop what I hope will be a great friendship.
It's interesting to think that we've been in Colombia for over a year now and we still feel like we are adjusting in some ways. Thankfully, God continues to be graceful to our family. He encouraged me 2 weeks ago when I had the opportunity to share the gospel in one of my english classes, and help to comfort one of the young guys at our school. Because I am such a great sinner, it is good to be able to communicate God's never ending love and forgiveness with others. I pray that I never forget how costly my life is, because when I do, I have the tendency for my heart to wander away from the one who loves me dearly.
The first Saturday in April we are taking our youth to another part of the city to help with a ministry called OANSA. This is the Spanish version of AWANA and it's the ministry our teammates are involved in. The team will be helping to lead a Health Mission to help the community and we are going with our youth to help minister to the children during this time. We hope to be able to demonstrate the love of Jesus while we are there. We are going to be teaching the kids of the neighborhood songs about Jesus as well as doing "wordless" bracelets with them as we teach them about the love of Jesus.
We want to express our heartfelt thankfulness for all those who continue to support us financially and in prayer. We know that God has uniquely placed us here in Colombia for His purposes and His glory, and we desire that through our ministry here to Colombia, God will be glorified.
Prayer Requests:
1. Please pray for Amanda. As the time gets closer for the arrival of our little man, living becomes increasingly more uncomfortable for her. Please pray for her and our family as our family will be going through another new experience here in Colombia.
2. The Esperanza church with whom we minister, is really struggling financially. Please pray for God's provision for this church as it is a key church in this city.
3. Please pray for our us as we continue to develop and learn how to minister here. Pray that we are not only culturally sensitive, but we are sensitive to the fact that we are working alongside of other fallible children of God who need mercy and grace just as we do.
4. We are still in the process of considering what God wants to do in us and through us here. Pray that God will give us His eyes to see clearly His perfect will for our lives and ministry.
Below are some of the amazing kids that I have the privilege of being with during the week. I pray that God will allow me to develop some lasting relationships with these kids. I can't tell you how much joy I get from being in these classes. I hope you can see how beautiful are God's creations in Colombia.
It's interesting to think that we've been in Colombia for over a year now and we still feel like we are adjusting in some ways. Thankfully, God continues to be graceful to our family. He encouraged me 2 weeks ago when I had the opportunity to share the gospel in one of my english classes, and help to comfort one of the young guys at our school. Because I am such a great sinner, it is good to be able to communicate God's never ending love and forgiveness with others. I pray that I never forget how costly my life is, because when I do, I have the tendency for my heart to wander away from the one who loves me dearly.
The first Saturday in April we are taking our youth to another part of the city to help with a ministry called OANSA. This is the Spanish version of AWANA and it's the ministry our teammates are involved in. The team will be helping to lead a Health Mission to help the community and we are going with our youth to help minister to the children during this time. We hope to be able to demonstrate the love of Jesus while we are there. We are going to be teaching the kids of the neighborhood songs about Jesus as well as doing "wordless" bracelets with them as we teach them about the love of Jesus.
We want to express our heartfelt thankfulness for all those who continue to support us financially and in prayer. We know that God has uniquely placed us here in Colombia for His purposes and His glory, and we desire that through our ministry here to Colombia, God will be glorified.
Prayer Requests:
1. Please pray for Amanda. As the time gets closer for the arrival of our little man, living becomes increasingly more uncomfortable for her. Please pray for her and our family as our family will be going through another new experience here in Colombia.
2. The Esperanza church with whom we minister, is really struggling financially. Please pray for God's provision for this church as it is a key church in this city.
3. Please pray for our us as we continue to develop and learn how to minister here. Pray that we are not only culturally sensitive, but we are sensitive to the fact that we are working alongside of other fallible children of God who need mercy and grace just as we do.
4. We are still in the process of considering what God wants to do in us and through us here. Pray that God will give us His eyes to see clearly His perfect will for our lives and ministry.
Below are some of the amazing kids that I have the privilege of being with during the week. I pray that God will allow me to develop some lasting relationships with these kids. I can't tell you how much joy I get from being in these classes. I hope you can see how beautiful are God's creations in Colombia.
All these pictures are from the 9th grade class that I am helping with








No comments:
Post a Comment