Tuesday, June 16, 2009
A Gift from God
Today I experienced a gift from God. I know that God intimately cares about His children, but today I had a first-hand account of this. During school today, one of my teachers told me that there was someone who wanted to see me. I thought this strange, but I followed him anyway. Sitting at a table on the patio was an elderly women. I introduced myself and I see that she is holding a picture of our family (one of our old prayer cards actually). Anyway, she proceeds to tell me that she is from Colombia, Santa Marta, Colombia to be more specific. She attends our church in Colombia and her daughter works in the Esperanza School where we will be working. Her son is one of my teacher's pastors here in Costa Rica. We talked for a while and she told me that she had been praying for us for a year now and was anxious for us to be in Colombia. How special that she came to Costa Rica to visit her family, but made a point to come to the school to meet and encourage us. God certainly knew that I needed encouragement. Yesterday was a difficult Spanish day for me and I was feeling very discouraged. I am grateful that God sent me someone, a lonely woman from Colombia, at just the right time to remind me of His provision, care, and concern for His child. How cool! Praise God for He is worthy is be praised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment